What does it mean to be a federal volunteer?
You receive an allowance of max. 250 Euros a month
You work 20 hours a week or more
The duration of your contract is between 6 and 12 months
You receive full coverage of social insurance (including pension and health insurance)
You attend free seminars on a variety of interesting topics
For recipients of benefits, the allowance is not considered as income, i.e. it is earned in addition to the following types of benefits:
- ALG II (Hartz IV) from Jobcenter
- Basic income support (also in old age) from the Social Welfare Office (Grundsicherung vom Sozialamt)
- Benefits according to AsylbLG §2 – Refugee benefits under the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act (§2)
contribution in refugee aid activities
assistance in translation services
- office work
- public relations
- event management and organisation
- craftsman services
Advantages of doing a BFD
- you will receive a certificate that can increase your chances of getting a job in the future
- you can show your skills and competences
- you will gain experience in new work areas
- you can practice and improve your language skills and participate in a German language course along the way
- you will take part in interesting workshops
- you will be part of a team and get to know the daily working life
- you will make new friends and have a great time
- you are making the most of your time
Pedagogic support and workshops:
As a federal volunteer you will visit free workshops (at least 12 days a year). The topics range from social competences, media and ecology to culture and many more.Please find an overview of the Workshop topics here. You can also get a first impression of our workshops in the gallery.
In addition, we provide our volunteers with full comprehensive support in all matters.
We will be there for you from application to the end of the volunteer service!
How to become a federal volunteer
Would you like to do something meaningful?
Would you like to help people and make a difference?
Would you like to stand up for others?
Then you have come to the right place!
We are looking forward to receiving your CV with information about your work experience and a motivation letter in which you tell us your preferred areas of volunteering.
Here you can find a variety of open positions.
New positions are advertised on a regular basis. To learn more about the typical activities of our organisations, please click here. To find out more about the typical activities of our organisations please click here.